Wednesday, July 9, 2008

What to do?

As Friday looms nearer, the last day for this job contract, I am faced with a HUGE dilema. The temp service I work for is wanting to send me out to interview for a job, a job that would start pretty much right away, with the same pay I have now, and at full time hours. Sounds great, right? Well, it is a job that I really don't want. I tried it before for 4 months and did NOT like it at all! Not the same company but, the same position basically. Also, as I start up the new business, the lawn care one, I need to be able to dedicate some time to it as well. The thing is, with the economy the way it is, I am terrified that if I don't take this new position, and the business doesn't take off a bit, I won't get anything else and it will be a devestating blow to the family!
What I would like to do is, work part time, as I have been, or at least attend the college courses I wanted to while working on the new business and collect from a fund I have access to. That is a short time fund however and it will run out. It also won't bring in as much as my working would.
Did anything I said even make sense? This problem is really weighing down my mind and my thought process is boggled down with it. I can't seem to think of anything else nor are any solutions just jumping up and hitting me in the face.
I would love to know your thoughts on this! Would you take a chance, these days? Is it worth it? There are such opportunities for the new business AND with me getting my college degree in the area I want and have wanted to for so long now! I am not getting any younger mind you. I simply will not have the time to do the college thing if I am working full time. I know myself, I know my limitations. That is not an option for me.
There is still a full time income coming in to the house if I don't work. It is not the amount of my income but, it is an income.
Did I say how much I am longing to work part time or, not at all and going back to college? I so am! More than my words can express. I really want to invest my time and energies in the college and the business! Maybe the business even more so! That is hard for me to admit too! As I write and re-read, I realize just how much I want this new business to succeed and the college courses were a back up to that plan for the future.
So, what would you do?
I will give it over to prayer and to God but, sometimes, I just need a little discussion with friends, or strangers, on things.
Till next time, may God bless and keep you!
Mental out

2 comments:

  1. Heya hun - just Loyal here. Yeah..I actually READ em lol. Anyway - I'd go with what you WANT to do. Honestly. I know it's a major risk, but it could pay off. Course your business would only be a summer thing right? Well...mainly a summer thing. But while you do your business, get to school! Do some serious school stuff that way when you're ready, you can get a kick arse job & still have your business. That is my OPINION. In all honesty, the only opinions that really matter - are the ones you can actually hear by those you trust and that trust you. So listen to your family, but remember...it is better to struggle with money then to be stuck in a job you hate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know that once you stop stressing and just hand it over...you'll achieve that peace that will allow you to know in your heart which direction you should go.
    Afterall, is there a price for true happiness?

    hugs

    ReplyDelete